The Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC) supports startups, entrepreneurs and innovators in Gujarat, and facilitates the promotion of a culture and spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation across the university.
GUSEC has been recognised as a model startup support system by the Government of Gujarat, and currently incubates 40+ startups, the highest in Gujarat. GUSEC has supported 37 startups with pre-seed funds and it is also a nodal body to disburse startup funds of the state Government.
GUSEC is inviting current students from varieties of disciplines and backgrounds to enhance their learnings with practical and professional experience through the GUSEC Internship Program. The internship program will provide opportunity to aspiring, bright and young students to test themselves into challenging roles at GUSEC.
We are looking for interns in the following areas:
- Research and Analysis
- Documentation and Reporting
- Event Management, Marketing, Promotion and Outreach
Interested individuals may fill up the application form given below. Depending on the requirement of interns at GUSEC and skills of the applicants, candidates will be shortlisted and invited for a personal interview at GUSEC. Internship applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, once every two weeks, and GUSEC may not be able to communicate with the applicants who are not shortlisted.
Period of Internship:
Minimum Period of internship will be for 3 months from the date of joining. Any candidate selected for the internship will have to work around 20 hours / week. The period of internship may be extended based on the performance of the intern.
- Every intern who works for at least a 3 month period will receive an internship certificate signed by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of Gujarat University
- Interns will also get an opportunity a direct opportunity for the more comprehensive GUSEC Fellowship Program (which is soon to be announced)
- Interns will get a direct insight into the startup ecosystem of Gujarat and have an opportunity to interact with dozens of startup founders working at GUSEC
- Interns will get a rich, thorough professional experience within a government organisation
- Interns will get a unique insight into development and implementation of public policy
- Interns will also have an incredible opportunity to directly work with senior academic and administrative officers of the University including the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor
- Interns need to be based in Ahmedabad and have the ability, and means of transportation, to be physically present for meetings at GUSEC at least a few times every week
- Interns should be current students / recent graduates of any educational institute
- Interns need to have their own laptops
Interns who successfully complete the first 3 months of internship may be given a stipend for the extended tenure of internship on a case-to-case basis.
Filling the application form does not guarantee an internship at GUSEC. GUSEC reserves the right to discontinue / suspend this program without a prior notice. Selected interns, if found to be violating any rules / regulations of GUSEC / the University, or as deemed appropriate by the GUSEC management, may be terminated off their roles sans any benefits mentioned herein.